Tuesday 24 January 2017

Twin mum hospital packing list :


I love lists ! So this is my list I used when packing for the hospital. I packed for 3-4 days for my elective c section. I ended up staying 6! So my advice would be to pack an extra bag and keep packs of extra nappies in the car ...just in case. Perhaps even have someone on standby to do laundry for you , as you'll have your favourite items (pjs for you, baby sleep suits & blankets) .

My Bag:


  • 2 nighties (if you have a c section you'll have a urinary catheter in place for the first day/night until you're mobile again). 
  • 1 pair other pjs 
  • Couple of maternity / sleep bras
  • 5 pairs huge granny pants (so your scar isn't irritated and they can sit way above it- I went up about 3/4 sizes in these and bought the, cheaply from tesco)
  • 2 packs of maternity towels (yes you still need them after a section!)
  • Towel for shower
  • Toiletries (face wash or wipes/moisturiser/lip balm//toothbrush/toothpaste/shampoo/conditioner /shower gel)-the basics really. Oh ,hair bobbles too as you'll want your hair up most of the time I'm sure 
  • DRY SHAMPOO - this was a godsend during my stay as I couldn't really wash my hair for a few days after - I was a wimp and was scared to get my scar wet , so I just showered myself with the shower head and left my hair for when I got home. Also, hospital policy didnt allow hair driers ! 
  • Peppermint tea (for bloating/wind after surgery)
  • Robinsons squash drops (tiny bottle of diluting juice for water- you have to drink tons the following day as they monitor your output!)
  • Slippers & light dressing gown- the ward gets quite warm! I needed mine for walking down to theatre also. 
  • Any snacks you want. Hospital food, I can confirm, is rank.
  • Phone /camera & charger for the million photographs you'll take ! Don't forget to get dad to take it to the theatre if you're having a caesarean!
  • Going home outfit - I ended up wearing the same as I went in with as it was easy and comfy.
  • Own pillow and soft fleecey blanket - one home comfort I'm glad I went in with!
  • *MATERNITY NOTES*
Dads Bag:
  • Change of clothes 
  • Phone charger /phone/camera
  • Lots of snacks!
  • Newspaper/book/magazine/headphones - it could be a long wait if induced or c section is delayed
-Don't forget the 2 car seats dad!


Twin Babies Bag : 
I put most things in my yummy mummy twin changing bag .

  • 1 pack per day pampers micro nappies - my mum brought these in for me as the newborn nappies were far too big! (Babies were 4lb 7oz and 5lb 9oz)
  • (or 1 pack per day newborn size 1 nappies (your babies may be bigger ?!))
  • Cotton wool roll for topping & tailing , and the hospital like you to use these for cleaning during nappy changes for the first few weeks. 
  • Newborn sensitive wipes - I soon switched to these once their bowels got moving as found them easier and less messy!
  • Muslin cloths X 6 
  • Newborn hats x2 (the hospital give you some too )
  • 6 front opening sleepsuits 
  • 6 bodysuits 
  • Going home cardigans (the use of pramsuits in car seats is advised against)
  • 4 cellular blankets
  • Lanolin cream if you're breastfeeding
  • Own breast pump (if using)- I didn't have one at the time and kind of wished I had as the hospitals are in short supply!)
  • Baby bottles if using / formula if using. If unsure of feeding method the hospital do have supplies.